Hi,

I've been working on a small tcp/ip server, that listens for specific
messages and then depending on the message type performs a particular
task. That was the easy part, I was looking into shutting down the
server in an elegant manner. I decided that I'll be listening on a
particular port say 'SHUTDOWN_PORT' and when I receive a pre-defined
message to shutdown, I shall shut the server down.

To do so, I call on acceptor.unbindAll() and shutdown the executor
services. As the documentation points, but what I see is that the
threads continue to stay alive. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

A little direction would help.

Thank You!

-U