Hi,

On 3/21/07, Coding Horse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi, Trustin,

I really appreciate your wonderful explanation!  Could you also shed some
light on this case when you have time:

When decodable() is called there are 3.5 complete packets of MyPacket, my
decode() implementation will take out each complete MyPacket and leave the
remaining untouched to wait for more data.  In my previous post I said I
just took out exact one MyPacket and return OK - I didn't care how many
MyPacket are inside current buffer as long as it contains at least one
complete MyPacket.  It seems to work for me because I found inside
decodable() the buffer position was adjusted automatically by one MyPacket
after I "get" one MyPacket out in decode().  I just want to know if this is
the recommended way to achieve what I expected.

Yes, it's the recommended way.  Please decode one message at once in
decode() implementation.  MINA will call decodable() and decode()
again if there's more to decode.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/