Hi Rodrigo,

On 7/25/07, Rodrigo Madera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Community,

I am in the process of writing the engine (or shall we more appropriately
say "glue"?) as I posted on the other thread that will automatically
generate the encoders for a given Message (or Sequence, in ASN.1 lingo).

Before I go any further, there is something that only the commiters can tell
me: What have you done for ASN.1 support so far?

Anything nice (or sad) that you wish to say when ASN.1 and MINA are on the
same sentence?

Apache Directory project team is interested in implementing ASN.1
support as you already noticed.  Apache MINA was a subproject of the
Directory project, so we could say we are on the same track.
Personally, I prefer to add as many codec implementations as I can
unless it's duplicate of existing one.

Our business is in the need of a library to handle complex binary protocols,
and since we will be using MINA, which has not cost us a single cent, we
will contribute everything we make as Open Source.

I am glad to hear that!

Our current plan is to use a compiler for ASN.1 (we are looking at
BinaryNotes) and use the generated classes for the Apache BCEL input so we
can get the automatic code generation for MINA Encoders/Decoders.

Sounds like a great idea.  It seems like asm is gaining more
popularity these day though.  I have never compare each other though.

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--