On 8/21/07, Julien Vermillard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 23:42:37 +0900
> "Trustin Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > This name seems odd to me.. I think of a 'service' as what I'm
> > > providing.. and MINA makes my service available over various
> > > transports (TCP,UDP,in-VM, etc)
> > >
> > > I do agree about it being 'Metadata' vs 'Type' though.
> > >
> > > How about TransportMetadata?
>
> Sound good for me too

OK, then let me rename it.

> > TransportMetadata sounds good.  Then should we rename
> > IoService.getMetadata() to getTransportMetadata()?  We could also
> Yes, will be more understandable.
> > resurrect IoSession.getTransportMetadata() (was: getTransportType()).
>
> I liked this API change, since it's quite redundant.

If it's an IoServiceMetadata, IoSession doesn't need to provide the
metadata, but if it's a TransportMetadata, I think IoSession should
provide direct access to the metadata because it is independent from
IoService, like it was with TransportType.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6