Hi Trustin,

I've only just noticed you replied!

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I put some effort into creating a reproducible example of this problem today. I couldn't find any existing tests that could be used for this so I just hijacked the chat example. I managed to get this example to give some WriteTimeoutExceptions with just the following code added to the login method of the ChatClientSupport class:

        final int PERIOD_SECONDS = 3;
        session.getConfig().setWriteTimeout(PERIOD_SECONDS);
        Timer timer = new Timer();
        timer.scheduleAtFixedRate(new TimerTask() {
            public void run () {
                session.write("BROADCAST testJob");
            }
        }, 0, PERIOD_SECONDS * 1000);

I've attached the full modified copy of the ChatClientSupport class (originally from trunk). I hope that's OK - it's only 4K.

To reproduce the problem just start up the server and client with this modification, press the connect button and wait for a WriteTimeoutException to show up. I've not had to wait more than a minute for it on my machine.

The log output shows that all previous messages were sent and received.

Thanks,

Martin

Trustin Lee wrote:
Hi Martin,