<snip/>

>> You're displeasure in hearing my assumptions is not my problem.
>>

> Let me correct here.  It is other less-involved community members'
> displeasure as well as my displeasure.

So, wtf ? People pleasure or displeasure is not a measurement for
success nor for correctness. What is important is how the project is
handled, with respect to the ASF rules. Final.

> It's also your problem as a
> PMC member because it can affect the overall mood of the community.

It's not a problem as soon as the project align with the ASF target. Get
the mood out of the project.

> <snip/> But it is
> also important to maintain the community without unnecessary
> communication which can be shown as noise or firefight to
> less-involved users.

Certainly not. First, because we are working openly, and when something
has to be said, there is no reason to keep it unsaid. What you qualify
as noise is important to the project. I don't want to disrespect to
less-involved users, but the fact they are less involved does not
necessarily mean they are less concerned. They deserved to be fully
informed on what is going on, especially when there is something wrong.

This is a meritocraty, and a do-ocraty.  That mean you can be less
involved but more important that some people more involved but with less
merit. So speaking, the community is better served with more clarity
than with obscure FUD and political move. Like it or not.

>> => However, I'd like to express my disappointment on the premature
>>
>>> exaggeration of the current situation of the project in this thread,
>>> especially considering that the community already started to discuss
>>> to find the solution that addresses everyone's concern.  Please be
>>> more careful and double check your mail box before posting something
>>> important.
>>>
>> Was this really necessary?
>>

> Yes, because of the point I made above.

no, certainly not. Forget about pride, it's useless and harmfull. Just move on !

cordialement, regards,
directory.apache.org