2008-02-12 (화), 11:16 -0700, Mike Heath 쓰시길:
> Eero Nevalainen wrote:
> > Btw, what was the status of DNS resolution in MINA? I remember that at
> > some point DNS resolving used the blocking java API calls. I could
> > imagine that an asynchronous HTTP-client would have to perform a lot of
> > DNS queries(or not, depending on use). Could this become a pithole?
>
> That's a very good point, Eero.  I think blocking DNS lookups could
> definitely be a very big pit hole.  Did anything ever come from all the
> asynchronous DNS lookup discussions?
>
> And that's not the only DNS issue.  If a DNS returns multiple A records
> for a given host name, most browsers will try to connect to the IP
> address from the first A record.  If that fails, they'll try the next IP
> address and so on until the connection succeeds or all of the A records
> have been exhausted.  We should support this same behavior in AsyncWeb.

I thought it's the operating system who decides which A record to use
and it's often random round-robin style.  Is there any related
documentation or is it from your experiment?  Just curious.

It would be nice to have a built in DNS lookup mechanism in MINA as we
discussed in our previous discussion, but once the domain name is
resolved, it will be cached by the operation system, so it shouldn't be
a big problem in most cases.  It will of course be a problem if someone
is writing a web robot or something similar.

http://gleamynode.net/