On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 8:40 AM, Sergey Mamitko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello MINA guru,
>
> I have a question about bidirectional communication.
> What I mean it is a connection which will support possibility to send and
> receive data through one channel.
> In other words it should be both client and server in one face. (I don't
> know if this interpretation is correct from desing part)

Well both endpoints can send back and forth the same requests and responses
but traditionally the server is the endpoint accepting incoming
connections.  Are both end points going to act as servers by accepting
connections?  If so then you're looking at some kind of p2p framework.  Need
more info here.

> I use MINA 1.1.7 for creating TCP communication component and servicemix
> 3.2.1 as a container.
> JDK 1.5
> OS: Win XP, Unix
>
> From servicemix side there should be created component which can acts as a
> CONSUMER and as a PROVIDER which can switch between these modes.
>
> From MINA side scenario can looks like:
> - TCP client initiates connection
> - if connection established then client is ready both:
> a) to send requests to server and receive responces (usual approach);
> b) to receive requests and responce to server;
>
> Can you suggest some ideas how to resolve such issues?

Again need more info.  Does your MINA app need to listen for connections or
is it establishing the connection after which the SMX server sends requests
to it?

Alex