On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:46:58 +0200
"Niklas Gustavsson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Julien Vermillard
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I think it's helping to review the build process too :)
>
> Of course, but those options does not exclude each others :-)
>
> > Anyway for the one who prefer binaries :
> > http://people.apache.org/~jvermillard/2.0-M2-SNAPSHOT/
>
> I'm feeling incredibly annoying today, but having the real release
> candidates would have been the optimal solution. That is, not SNAPSHOT
> builds, RAT report and including hash files. For example using the
> Maven staging support. Anyways, let's do that for the next release.
>
> For this release, I've built, ran RAT, reviewed the source and
> binaries. Looks good.
>
> +1 for release.
>
> /niklas

Yes, very true, the problem is for producing all the artifact, actually
it's a few hours (last time it took me half a day) for generate and
verify everything (signature files, reports, binaries, etc..).

Perhaps we should do a two stage vote, one for saying current branch is
ok for releasing, then if it's accepted, someone do the tedious release
dry-run job, and a second vote for reviewing the related artifacts.

Julien