Hello,

I also use messageSent but I guess I can also replace it with an
IoFutureListener.

What do you mean when you say that SESSION_IDLE is questionable ?
What would you replace it with ?

My guts feeling is that exceptionCaught should also be propagated to the
outgoing chain...
but right now I have no examples to back up that feeling.

Maarten