On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 16:39, Bernd Fondermann<bf_...@brainlounge.de> wrote:
> Michael Jakl wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 22:39, Niklas Gustavsson<nik...@protocol7.com> wrote:
>>> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:31 PM, Michael Jakl<jakl.mich...@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>> I would say that the module should deal with that. So, subdomain
>>> routing first. Everything matching the subdomain goes to the handler
>>> dictionary. The SubdomainHandlerDictionery.get() will have to do the
>>> namespace routing in the case where a module works like the pubsub
>>> module (and the MUC module btw). Makes sense?
>>
>> Yes. Probably it's still a good idea to check if a module registers a
>> subdomain *and* one or more namespaces, which would be a hard-to-find
>> bug for the modules developer (but is easy to check for us, I guess).
>
> IIRC, the component spec requires _all_ stanzas for a "subdomain" to be
> routed to the component.

Sorry, my mail might be misleading. I was thinking of throwing an
exception if a module registers with a subdomain but also registers a
handler with a namespace, which would not work.

The spec doesn't define how internal components work AFAIK, only the
protocol for external (server independent) components is well defined.

Michael