On Nov 27, 2009, at 9:29 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
There seems to be a pantheon of Future classes. Frankly, it's bewildering.
 Also the interface IoFuture is overwrought,   JMHO :)  Maybe this is
because it's a pre-generics thing.

Why do you think we want to start a 3.0 version :)

Seems like trustin re-implemented the full Doug Lea's library, with a
slightly different semantic... I just think that the way Futures are
used in MINA 2.0 is just wrong...

Agreed.  I think that all we need is something like

public interface IoFuture<V> extends Future<V>
{
    public IoFuture <V> register(IoFutureListener<V> listener);
}

public interface FutureListener<V>
{
    void exception(Throwable t);