On 2/23/10 6:37 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

On Feb 23, 2010, at 8:34 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:

On 2/23/10 5:25 PM, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecha...@gmail.com> wrote:

Julien was kin enough to generate jars :
http://people.apache.org/~jvermillard/2.0.0-RC2/

The source in these packages are not buildable with Maven, due to the
module paths in the root POM and the directories for the modules not
matching. For example, there is no "legal" module and the "parent"
module is in a "mina-parent" directory. Is this the same source
packages as we plan to release?

Pakages are just provided for convenience. Please check out the sources from trunk, revision r912511, if you want to build the project and test the binaries.

I'm new here so I'm going to ask what might be an obvious question. Is this the way you usually do releases here in Mina? Seems quite odd to me.
We aren't very different from many ASF projects. But we sure would like to know if you someone have better rules, as what we do is pretty empirical.

base line : we vote code, not binaries (this is ASF). We could branch a release, and vote the branch, assuming that once generated, we would move the branch in tags, or delete it if we rollback the vote. Or we can vote a revision, and provide builded packages, for those who don't want to build them.

Is that ok ?

www.nextury.com