On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>wrote:

>  On 9/28/10 11:21 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 9:43 PM, Mark Webb<elihusma...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>  +1, create a mina-2.0.x branch and let trunk be 3.0.  Also, what about
>>> all current bugs/feature requests in JIRA, should we move them to 3.0?
>>>  I see that there a a bunch of JIRA entries currently in as 2.0.1, but
>>> should we make sure that they should be 2.0.1 and not 3.0?
>>>

>>>  I'd do as many simple point bug fix releases in 2.0.x branch with
>> micro-version increments and try to merge the fix into the 3.0 at the same
>> time.
>>
> I'm afraid that MINA 3.0 will be a total rewrite, with no way to get fixes
> from 2.0... I consider 2.0 as dead wood at this point.

Hahaha is this a reference to the crusty "Norwegian Wood" codename that
someone gave it a while back?

Regardless yeah sounds like it. No worries then. But why bother forking a
branch instead just move the current 2.0 trunk to 2.0 branch and start
writing fresh new code?

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org