On 10/6/10 6:54 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 18:13 +0200, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
On 10/6/10 5:49 PM, Bernd Fondermann wrote:
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 17:37, Oleg Kalnichevski<ol...@apache.org>   wrote:
I apologize for intrusion.
Oleg, no apology needed, I highly appreciate this thread.
Very informative.
Indeed. It's probably certain that MINA is lacking documentation, and
that it's internal is quite complex.

All imputs are very welcome at this stage of design (basically, blue print).

In fact, I would be really interested in knowing exactly what kind of
service you want to provide on top of NIO/ MINA (if it fits your need),
because it ight be useful in the design decision we would take.

I am developer / maintainer of Apache HttpComponents. We have our own
NIO framework optimized specifically for data intensive protocols such
as HTTP, which works quite well for us. However, Apache HC is a small
project with just a handful of folks involved. If another ASLv2 licensed
I/O framework met our requirements, we could gradually drop our own NIO
code thus freeing up bandwidth for HTTP related stuff. Presently, the
memory management in MINA just kills it for me. Same goes for Netty.

Take it as a food for thought. Nothing more.
I'm going to give HttpComponents a shoot, to see how those two guys can fit.

One solution would be to define a common base, with all the Filter intricacy separated from the NIO part. That might fit your need then.