On Jul 10, 2011, at 10:23 PM, Julien Vermillard wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 1:51 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>> What would a user put as an implementation to this method?  I'm wondering
>> how useful it is.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Alan
>
> I use to close session on ProtocolDecoderException in
> IoHandle#exceptionCaught. Since we removed the IoHandler and only use
> IoFilter, I think we need this event in IoFilter.

I was thinking that if an exception is thrown by a filter then the session
should be closed.  I think this should be a hard and fast policy that is
enforced by our framework.  With that said then what we need is a lifecycle
method:

void processSessionHalted(IoSession session)

The method processExceptionCaught() strikes me as being too vague.

Regards,
Alan