On 7/11/11 7:43 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
On Jul 11, 2011, at 10:25 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

On 7/11/11 7:14 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
On Jul 10, 2011, at 10:23 PM, Julien Vermillard wrote:

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 1:51 AM, Alan D. Cabrera<l...@toolazydogs.com>   wrote:
What would a user put as an implementation to this method?  I'm wondering how
useful it is.

Regards,
Alan
I use to close session on ProtocolDecoderException in
IoHandle#exceptionCaught. Since we removed the IoHandler and only use
IoFilter, I think we need this event in IoFilter.
I was thinking that if an exception is thrown by a filter then the session
should be closed.
It's up to the Handler implementer to decide to close the session, or not.
Is there a concrete use case where this is necessary?  If a filter barfs in
such a way that it leaks an exception should not this always be treated as a
critical error?

I think it would be violent. We may have some exception because we have reached a limit (like when we use a throttled connection), and critical exceptions that require an immediate session closure.

Now, we can start with a simple implementation, which close the session no matter what, and later, if needed, we add some mechanism to bypass this standard behavior.

Keep in mind that I'm tainted by the existing code, and it's rather a good idea to start from a blank page. Your questions, and my answers, clearly reflect this state of mind. I'm totally pro changing mine, as I'm resisting for some bad reason : inertia. So please, keep going !