Le 7/16/13 12:10 PM, sebb a écrit :
>>> I don't think that's generally true.
>> >
>> > Those objections are very valuable for MINA 2. MINA 3 will take at least
>> > one more year to get out in a RC state, so I would rather not spend a
>> > minute of my very busy agenda to take care of Java 6 compatibility for
>> > MINA 3.
>> > I don't want to see MINA to face the same problem that
>> > commons-collection is facing : 9 years after the addition of generics in
>> > Java, we still don't have a library supporting them...
> That's an entirely separate issue; part of the problem is it's
> extremely difficult to do generics correctly in libraries such as
> collections.
In fact, it's not at all a separate issue : just because it's really
difficult to do it correctly does not mean you don't have to do it. The
big difference is the time you have to complete the work. I can
understand that it took 9 years for some team working 1h a week on a
project to move to generic, but it's not something we want to get stuck
into : by getting rid of tme constraints (ie, removing the need to keep
a compatibility with an already EOL version of Java), we spare this
previous time delivering some package in a (soemhow) better timing, not
leaving our users with the alternative of using a semi-OSS component
like guava.

In other words, "Time is of the essence"