On 17 July 2013 15:19, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 7/17/13 3:00 PM, sebb a écrit :

>>> The trunk will be fix when the perform will be done. (Actually, it
>>> should be the case).
>> But meanwhile any builds (including CI builds) will be using the
>> non-SNAPSHOT version.
>> Not ideal.
>
> Yep. The plugin should rather create a branch, instead of committing in
> trunk...

No, it does not need to do that - at least not with SVN.

With SVN the way I do it is:

Checkout trunk in a separate clean directory
Fix the versions / URLs etc
Create the tag directly from the workspace using SVN copy.
SVN is clever enough to realise that the only changes are the ones
made to the workspace.

And at the end of the process, trunk is untouched (so respins are trivial)
And you have a nice clean workspace which is available for builds.

Once the release succeeds, of course trunk has to be updated to the
next SNAPSHOT.
But it can never be left in a partially updated state.