On 27/07/17 10:56, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
Le 27/07/2017 à 10:25, Christoph John a écrit :
One question that comes to my mind after looking at our code: there is
a Boolean attribute get/set on the IoSession in various places
(SessionConnector.QFJ_RESET_IO_CONNECTOR). We get/set this from
different locations and threads. But we neither synchronize on the
IoSession nor the get/set of the attribute. So IMHO it could happen
that the attribute is set to a different value than actually expected,
triggering unexpected behaviour.
I only searched briefly but could not find anything in the MINA code
that makes getting/setting the attribute thread-safe.
Attributes within a session are not protected : it's up to you to make
sure they are not modified concurently. Now, for a boolean, using an
AtomicBoolean would certainly help.
OK, but to make sure that every thread works with the same value of the attribute I need to synchronize the get/set, correct? Even if I put an AtomicBoolean there, it could happen that one thread does not "see" it immediately. But that only as a side note. I have tested it even with synchronization and the behaviour stays the same. So the error must be somewhere else in the code.

I have now a test which tries to connect several FIX sessions with enabled SSL filter. The connection is established and then dropped because of an SSLHandshakeException. This is done for about a minute and leads to the mentioned problem with the connectors hanging in dispose. When I change the test to not use SSL I can see no "old" connectors hanging around. Is there something that I must specifically do when using the SSL filter? E.g. when there is an exception caught? First destroy all filters in the chain and then close the session?

Thanks,
Chris.

--
Christoph John
Development & Support

http://www.macd.com <http://www.macd.com/>

MACD GmbH
Oppenhoffallee 103
D-52066 Aachen
Tel: +49 241 557080-0 | Fax: +49 241 557080-10
         Amtsgericht Aachen: HRB 8151
Ust.-Id: DE 813021663

Geschäftsführer: George Macdonald

take care of the environment - print only if necessary