>>  #2 is not an option imho.  Given the amount of work that would be
needed to manually re-package and re-sign the distributions artifacts, i'd
go for #1 if this is considered a blocker.

Reasonable - I was only bringing it up so that when we decide how to
proceed we have all the relevant options

>> So if you go for a release (which I vote +1 in the current state of the
git tag, considering Lyor's explainations), be sure to add a note in the
Announce explaining why it does not build from the source package and what
to do to have it build.

>> Sounds perfect to me. I'll close the release tomorrow then.

Agreed...