Le 30/09/2018 à 16:21, Lyor Goldstein a écrit :
>>> Also Github is own by a private company, we should not depend on them, they
> can easily shutdown their service, or stopping offering it for
> free.
>
> Very good point - however, why shouldn't Apache run its own GIT repository
> (which it actually does, since github is just a mirror of it...)

It does : gitbox.apache.org or git-wip-us.apache.org

What The ASF does not provide is the envelop that is github (ie all the
tooling, PR, wiki etc).

>>> Or simply have an issue and lose the data.
>
> Then they would lose the community's support as well...

Which is the least of our concern ;-) Since they have been bought by M$,
many projects already migrated to gitlab (wait for gitlab to be bought
by some big co...)

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com