Thank you @Lyor, that was so much more simple than the rabbit hole I was
going down earlier - I was extending ProcessShellFactory and trying to
create my own command.

This way was pretty simple, and a not so bad way to reuse your code in the
end.  Especially at this stage - I'll see what I can do with it and whether
I need to get in deeper.

As it stands, I can offer the shell based on a user, or reject it.  Just
what I wanted at this stage.

If I've not take too much of your time already.  How do you recommend that
I reject a shell?  At the moment, I just threw an Unchecked exception - it
works, but I'm not sure if I should do something else for 'niceness' sake.

I'll play around with it anyway, and see how I get on.

Thanks again for your time and hints.  I'm trying to get deeper into Java
and this was a nice challenge - even if you had to push me into the right
direction!

Regards,
Adam.