I prefer a good latest mojo-parent over a restricted parent which could mean override these restrictions or fall back to an older version, just like Anders describes.

So for now I think we should disable (=comment out) the RequirePrerequisite Rule until the packaging type can be controlled (we only want this for maven-plugin packaging) and let's see if exclusion of 2.1.x and 2.2.0 works. Also change the maven prerequisite to 2.0 (default) and keep the comments, they should explain quite clear how it is used (for future discussions)

In general we'd like to keep the the prerequisite as low as possible for Maven plugins. However, I think we should gently start forcing users to move forward. The jump to 2.2.1 might be a bit too much. We could start a new thread on the users mailing-list about a suggestion for a proper version, let's say 2.0.6 or 2.0.9

thanks,

Robert