Mu,

So what happens when ZeroMQ is not available, do you fall back to something
else?

I'm inclined to say that this is allowable, knowing that its an optional
dynamically linked dependency that has an alternative.  Assuming it has an
alternative.

I would strongly encourage podlings to try to leverage what the ASF
provides, we ship a number of messaging systems that may be better from a
licensing stand point - ActiveMQ, RocketMQ, Pulsar.

John