On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 6:30 PM, Seb Kiureghian <sebou...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Discourse is open source so we can host it on Apache infrastructure and
> include it on our site.

To be clear: each community gets a single VM, and they are responsible for
running that VM (we provide a base level system, with appropriate
monitoring, updates, etc; we do not handle apps). You can choose to run
Discourse on that, if you like. Or you may want to reserve the VM for other
services/demos/testing. The Infrastructure team will *not*
run/manage/operate a Discourse instance. Your community will be responsible
for the operation and maintenance of Discourse.

The Apache Software Foundation does not require you to use ASF resources,
except for version control, and your project web site. But there is a
"discoverable" issue, which leads all of our communities to follow a
standard pattern, built around an apache.org website and mailing lists.

But if you'd like to run Discourse, that will require an ongoing commitment
from the MXNet community, in perpetuity. Discuss with your Mentors, and if
that is your decision, then have a Mentor file a ticket for a VM.

Cheers,
Greg Stein
Infrastructure Administrator, ASF