Few comments/suggestions:

1) Can  we have this nice list of todo items on the Apache MXNet wiki page
to track them better?

2) Can we have a set of owners for each set of tests and source code
directory? One of the problems I have observed is that when there is a test
failure, it is difficult to find an owner who will take the responsibility
of fixing the test OR identifying the culprit code promptly -- this causes
the master to continue to fail for many days.

3) Specifically, we need an owner for the Windows setup -- nobody seems to
know much about it -- please feel free to correct me if required.

4) +1 to have a list of all feature requests on Jira or a similar commonly
and easily accessible system.

5) -1 to the branching model -- I was the gatekeeper for the branching
model at Informix for the database kernel code to be merged to master along
with my day-job of being a database kernel engineer for around 9 months and
hence have the opinion that a branching model just shifts the burden from
one place to another. We don't have a dedicated team to do the branching
model. If we really need a buildable master everyday, then we could just
tag every successful build as last_clean_build on master -- use this tag to
get a clean master at any time. How many Apache projects are doing
development on separate branches?

6) FYI: Rahul (rahul003@) has fixed various warnings with this PR:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/7109 and has a test added
that fails for any warning found. We can build on top of his work.

7) FYI: For the unit-tests problems, Meghna identified that some of the
unit-test run times have increased significantly in the recent builds. We
need volunteers to help diagnose the root-cause here:

Unit Test Task

Build #337

Build #500

Build #556

Python 2: GPU win

25

38

40

Python 3: GPU Win

15

38

46

Python2: CPU

25

35

80

Python3: CPU

14

28

72

R: CPU

20

34

24

R: GPU

5

24

24

8) Ensure that all PRs submitted have corresponding documentation on
http://mxnet.io for it.  It may be fine to have documentation follow the
code changes as long as there is ownership that this task will be done in a
timely manner.  For example, I have requested the Nvidia team to submit PRs
to update documentation on http://mxnet.io for the Volta changes to MXNet.

9) Ensure that mega-PRs have some level of design or architecture
document(s) shared on the Apache MXNet wiki. The mega-PR must have both
unit-tests and nightly/integration tests submitted to demonstrate
high-quality level.

10) Finally, how do we get ownership for code submitted to MXNet? When
something fails in a code segment that only a small set of folks know
about, what is the expected SLA for a response from them? When users deploy
MXNet in production environments, they will expect some form of SLA for
support and a patch release.

Regards,
Bhavin Thaker.