Hey Henri, I think that's what a few of us are advocating.  Running a set
of quick tests as part of the PR process, and then a more detailed
regression test suite periodically (say every 4 hours). This fits nicely
into a tagging or 2 branch development system.  Commits will be tagged (or
merged into a stable branch) as soon as they pass the detailed regression
testing.