Hi Kellen,

1) Does Apache MXNet (Incubating) have a support matrix? I think the answer
is no, because I don’t know of where it is documented. One of the mentors
told me earlier that the community uses and modifies the open-source
project as per their individual  requirements or those of the community. As
far as I know, there is no single entity that is responsible for supporting
something in MXNet — corrections to my understanding are welcome.

2) I think your question probably is what should be tested by the Apache
MXNet CI and NOT what is supported by Apache MXNet, correct?

If yes, I propose testing only the latest CUDA9 and the respective latest
cuDNN version in the MXNet CI since CUDA9 is backward compatible with
earlier Nvidia hardware generations.

I would like to hear reasons why this would not work.

I have commented on the github issue as well:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/8805

Bhavin Thaker.