Qing,

For 1, why would it be a blocker, given that there were previous releases?
Has there been compatibility issues for scala packages? If so, why did we
release?
There are many maven packages that include binary already, so if we can
find the binary for all dependency it's probably best to link to them, and
let maven manage these dependencies.

For 2, since the current CI is based on Jenkins, I imagine it would be some
sort of Jenkins pipeline? Other people who're better versed in Jenkins can
chime in.

Personally, I'm interested in 3 as well. I have a pipeline for building pip
packages that's currently not utilizing the CI, and the item 3 is the
blocker too. Once you finish, it would be great to refer to the same
solution, so that I can move it into the same CI.

-sz