Thanks for organizing the release Anton and for testing Carin and Steffen.
Lots of great fixes in this release.  As we don't have the required 3
committers I'd suggest extending the vote for a few days.

I tested the following on MacOS 10.13, High Sierra:

INCUBATING IN RELEASE FILE: check.
LICENSE check.
NOTICE check.
SIGNATURE check.
HASH check.
DISCLAIMER check.
SOURCE COMPILES VIA MAKEFILE check.
SOURCE COMPILES VIA CMAKE check.
C++ TESTS PASS fail
Two tests failing for me.
Build with flags: cmake -DUSE_CUDA=0 -DUSE_CUDNN=0 -DUSE_OPENMP=0
-DUSE_OPENCV=0 ..
Ran c++ tests with exclusions: ./tests/mxnet_unit_tests
--gtest_filter=-GpuTopology.*
Result:
[  FAILED  ] 2 tests, listed below:
[  FAILED  ] ACTIVATION_PERF.ExecuteBidirectional
[  FAILED  ] ACTIVATION_PERF.TimingCPU

PYHTON UNIT TESTS PASS check.

Not sure if the test failures are a regression so I'm +0 (non-binding)