It is important for a contribution to be visible publically, and being able
to get identifications from PMC members  that you do not interact daily is
a way to do that.

It also boils down to the trust, on whether fellow PMC members think it is
appropriate to entrust others to do the nomination. I personally would love
to collaborate with my fellow PMC members, and in the case that I was not
trusted, refrain from doing things

Anyway, as I said, I just want to share this way of positive community
building, and see what the community thinks

Tianqi