+1.
I have heard this before elsewhere if you don't understand the code, give
it a name like "hacky", "does not follow the pattern",  "unmaintainable",
etc., may all that be true but it does not help making cliched and
disrespectful comments about someone else's contributions.
the code is not going on a ramp walk for a beauty contest.  Instead of
subscribing to such software fallacies, it would help the community to make
a decision if concrete examples of limitations, drawbacks, missing features
are given.