On Fri, 2020-05-29 at 12:15 -0400, Carin Meier wrote:

> Going forward - we with future releases, we can have all users build their
> own packages, just for the existing ones that are compliant on maven.
>
> On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 12:14 PM Carin Meier <carinme...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Leonard,
> >
> > Is this #2 Option still on the table?
> >
> >  2) Ask the Infra team to delete all MXNet GPU releases on
> > > repository.apache.org and provide replacement releases without
> > libgfortran.so
> > > and other potentially Category-X files (I found libmkl_ml.so in one of
> > the
> > > JARs..)
> >
> > It seems like it would be a better solution than deleting ALL of them, if
> > the CPU ones are still valid and adhere to licensing.
> > At least, we would break fewer users.
> >
> > - Carin

Yes, this is a valid option. Just to clarify, the existing CPU releases don't
adhere to the ASF policy. But MXNet project could create new, compliant CPU
releases and upload them to repository.apache.org. Finding a way to do this for
the existing 1.x releases would also establish a path forward to continue
creating such JARs for upcoming releases.