From: Skalicky, Sam <sska...@amazon.com.INVALID>
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 4:41 AM
To: dev@mxnet.incubator.apache.org; lau...@apache.org; d...@mxnet.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.7.0.rc0

That’s a good point, 1.6 did have a performance regression since it dropped
MKLML to simplify build an fix licensing. 2.0 will have performance degradation
too in favor of new features. Clearly the community is focusing on features
rather than performance, at least we're consistent :-)

I would prefer we move forward with the 1.7.0 release and consider performance
fixes for 1.7.1 (like we did for 1.3.1/1.4.1)

Sam