Kalle and others,

> Just marking JspStateManagerImpl serializable isn't enough to fix the
> problem. When I was working with sourceforge codebase, I
> experimentally
> hacked and successfully fixed the problem with these steps:
> - marked ...application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl Serializable
> - marked its private member _renderKitFactory transient
> - marked javax.faces.application.StateManager.SerializedView (an inner
> class) Serializable
> - marked its private members _structure and _state transient

I did exactly the same. Now, in my app (which uses server site state)
there is no exception more.

Btw. do this changes break with the spec?
Because of JavaDoc @ SUN shows, that SerializedView
doesn't implement Serializable interface.

Is it ok to *live* with this workaround, until
JSF 1.2 is published?
Manfred said:
"client and server side state saving will be more compatible
and Serializable problems get addressed."

Thoughts??

-Matthias