I think that's a great idea, and Sylvain and I talked about this
missing functionality when the changeover occurred.

Can you open a JIRA issue on this and provide your patches?   I think
you'll need to have the switch enabled as an attribute on each
component, though.   Maybe "tabswitching=client|server" as a new
attribute?