I don't think we will enjoy keeping some 100+ classes in sync across
two different packages.  Nor will I think that users who try to supply
a patch who enjoy this.  We couldn't use svn externals either b/c the
files need to have different package statements.

The whole point of the shared code is to cut down on this type of
headache.  The RI has the luxury of just providing an implementation.
They do not provide components so they don't have to share code.  As
Manfred put it, this code is shared between projects for a reason.

I agree the current situation is not ideal and I'm open to your idea
and anyone elses but so far this solution seems even worse.

If you want to use a version of tomahawk that is incompatible with
your MyFaces implementation on the web server, just upgrade the
MyFaces version.  Yes its a pain but it certainly doesn't seem to be
insurmountable.

Am I misssing something here?  Is the problem more significant then
upgrading your MyFaces implementation?

sean