On 1/3/06, Sean Schofield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So 1.1.2 is defined in only the parent POM?  What if you want to build
> tomahawk by itself (without the parent pom?)

You can't build it without the parent pom-- the build will fail
because that pom is as much a 'dependency' as any of the jars you need
on the classpath.

> I think this is a tricky problem.  Also, if we ever release different
> version numbers for the subprojects won't this cause a problem?

Once 1.1.2 is in the repository, the versioned parent pom will be
there as well, and Maven will find it.

I don't see any <relativePath> tags in the <parent> sections.  If you
add them, Maven will look locally (on the filesystem) for the parent
pom as well as checking the repository.

Struts Action looks like this:
   <parent>
      <groupId>struts</groupId>
      <artifactId>struts-build</artifactId>
      <version>1.3.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <relativePath>build/pom.xml</relativePath>
   </parent>

The 'build' directory is external, included under each module.  If
you're not doing that, you can use:
   <relativePath>../build/pom.xml</relativePath>

I think that might help the IDE config file generation, though I'm not sure.

--
Wendy