> For Struts I'm resisting putting *any* dependencies in the parent pom,
> even if it means repeating a couple of them (servlet-api and junit).
> In practice, the transitive dependency mechanism will work better than
> inheritance for making sure each module has the dependencies it needs
> to compile.

I agree. Lets keep the dependencies out of the parent POM for the
reasons Wendy mentioned.  IMO there's no need to keep them consistent
as Bill is suggesting.  If tomahawk has a dependency on
commons-lang-1.2 and impl is dependent on commons-lang-1.1 that is
fine by me.  In fact, its preferred.  That way if I'm only using
MyFaces for the JSF implementation I can stick with v. 1.1 of the
commons-lang dependency that's already in my app server or whatever.

On the other hand.  The list of commiters, the mailing list info, etc.
should be consistent and only defined in one place.  A while back I
noticed the Struts site was not consistent with contributor lists and
I'm assuming it was due to not using this parent feature.

> Wendy

Sean