Craig McClanahan wrote:

Within a given faces-config.xml file you should be able to count on ordering (the last one you declare will be "the" view handler from the point of view of the Application object. However, there's no mandated ordering with respect to view handlers loaded from different faces-config.xml files (for example, those implicitly loaded from the META-INF directory of a component JAR).

You may recall some earlier discussion on this list about what the JSF RI currently does -- essentially loading the jar files in alphabetical order. It's a convention, not a mandated requirement, and doesn't address all possible dependency relationships you might want, but it would be better than nothing.

Ok thanks for the clarification, then my work spent on it so far is more or less useless because the JSF api basically implcitely already does what I had in mind :-)