Hi
> Now the phase listener has the convention, that "foo" and "bar" are
> the bean properties
> and populates the bean with the given values.

I tried to follow the thread in full, but sometimes I dont get the point
of ones objection.
Sorry, if this has already been discussed, but:

Why cant we use the managed-property stuff and thus #{param.name}?
This detaches the url naming from the real meaning of the property.
And any other bean initialized within the request is able to get in
touch with the parameter - if wanted.

Another question I have is the way we allow the user to bookmark a page.
For what I know we have to make a page bookmark aware, isnt it?
At least the view (and its backing bean) should be able to work with a
minimum on information.

So why not simply render a "bookmark this page" link simply by using
outputLink?

So the only thing we really have to make work is the access to the GET
parameters, isnt it?

Whats the point to make it more complicated?

Sorry, if this all sounds too "newbie"! ;-)
---
Mario