Gray,

great info! Thanks!

So dadawa can you go ahead and test?
If the test is fine, I'll add this to the example
(out commented, with a comment)

-Matthias

On 5/10/06, Gary VanMatre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I remember seeing this in Weblogic 8.1.4.  The getRealPath() returns null.
We decided to do something different but I think you might need to add a
param to the weblogic deployment descriptor.  I pulled this from the
weblogic doc:

The following parameter is used to affect the behavior of
Web applications that are contained in this application.
• webapp.getrealpath.accept_context_path
—This is a compatibility switch that may be set to true
or false. If set to true, the context path of Web
applications is allowed in calls to the servlet API
getRealPath.

Example:
<application-param>

<param-name>webapp.getrealpath.accept_context_path</param-name>
   <param-value>true</param-value>
</application-param>

Gary

From: "Matthias Wessendorf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/myfaces/binaries/myfaces-1.1.1-examples.zip
> .
> >

> > And I deployed simple.war and sandbox.war on WebLogic Server 9.x. The
> > samples works
> > quite well. But if I try to access [SOURCE] hyperlink, I always got a
500
> > error
> > caused by NullPointerException:
> >
> > Error 500--Internal Server Error
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> > at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:103)
> > at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:66)
> > at

org.apache.myfaces.util.servlet.SourceCodeServlet.doGetSourceCodeServlet.java:49
> )
> >

> > And then I downloaded

"org.apache.myfaces.util.servlet.SourceCodeServlet.java"
> > and found this snippet:
> >
> > String realPath =

getServletConfig().getServletContext().getRealPath(webPage);