I see the primary use of resolved versus closed as keeping/generating
a log of what's changed during a release.  Things that don't impact a
release (non-fixes) don't need to have a resolved state.

I have never had a need to revisit an invalid issue.  Won't fix hasn't
come up yet.

Users can already reopen closed issues.  Even if they couldn't, a
comment posted to the issue (or the mailing list) would have me reopen
an issue.

On 8/20/06, Sean Schofield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can you do it so this is only required for Fixed issues?
> Invalid/Won't Fix issues should be closed directly.

Why should these be closed directly?  Maybe we would revisit one of
these before the release is done.  Also, I believe having them
resolved (instead of closed) allows the user to appeal and reopen.
Just some thoughts ...

Sean