In my case, JIRA helps me to keep track of things I'm working on. For example I've created issues for stuff like security resolver, excel exporter, client side validation and assigned these to myself. Of course this seems unnecessary for minor commits.

On 8/23/06, Matthias Wessendorf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
almost all ;)

wendy pointed out more detailed, what I was thinking about :)

On 8/23/06, Martin Marinschek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok, but that's a far cry from Matze's "for all commits". For all major
> enhancements, I'm absolutely d'accord.
>
> regards,
>
> Martin
>
> On 8/23/06, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 8/22/06, Martin Marinschek < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > I really don't see the necessity for MyFaces committers to do all
> > > extensions of MyFaces through jira, if sufficient communication has
> > > happened on the developer list first.
> > >
> > > Why do you think that opening a jira-issue and adding patches will
> > > make us more efficient in the development process?
> >
> > Patches from committers don't need to go through JIRA, but IMO there
> > ought to be an issue corresponding to every major change in
> > functionality or addition.
> >
> > Commit messages that clearly explain what is being added or changed,
> > and that refer to a JIRA issue, make life much easier when trying to
> > track down problems, construct release notes, or just learn about the
> > codebase.
> >
> > --
> > Wendy
> >

> --