Hello Mattias,

I am so new to this list and may be I am not allowed to say this, but I think most developers I have seen use menu related components for only displaying structured data, and most of times data is displayed to user for one of the following purposes:

1) selecting one item
2) selecting multiple item
3) displaying and editing tree structured data (like organization chart, directory services, etc)

the first 2 options are currently supported features of tree2, the 3'rd is under debate.

May be if we can use same parent for both menu and tree navigation related components and simple tree data structure as said by matias and zubin, for parent of all these components can have following benefits:

1) simplifying development
2) simplifying learning for users
3) making it easier to add more advanced trees later on demand

Best regards

Arash