I think we should be very careful about adding a feature that
encourages people to drift away from the spec.  I agree with the
reasons that Craig laid out for why the outcomes behave the way they
do now.

Its true that its not our job to force people to do follow certain
standards.  Its also true that we shouldn't be putting code into a
shared codebase that serves the needs of a minority of the
participants.  I am not hearing a lot of enthusiastic support for this
idea.  Reactions are ranging from "as long as its optional" to "this
has no place in JSF."

I think we should keep this out of Tomahawk.  People are free to do
whatever they want with their own code so this seems to be a case
where that is most appropriate.  Use it in your personal code and
writeup a wiki or blog entry on it if you want to share it.  Not
everything has to make it in and it seems like enough people have
reservations about it.

My .02

Sean

On 10/31/06, Matthias Wessendorf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 10/31/06, Mario Ivankovits <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi!
> > 1.) Seperate NavigationHandlerImpl
> IMHO, this is a must! I think we should *not* implement stuff which
> "silently" changes/enhances the behaviour - especially in myfaces-impl!!
> The TCK might forbid this change anyway ...

+1 !

> > 2.) Configurable Option
> not required, as everyone can configure this NH in faces-config.xml.

right! adding stuff to the web.xml for that is blech!

> > 3.) Custom NH code in the wiki with a "discouraged" note
> This might be a good compromise.

like we do with the JBoss stuff ?
I don't mind that

> > 4.) Not at all
> I do not mind ;-)
>

> 5) Add the new NH to the sandbox (but not configured by default)
>
> I like it to put stuff to the sandbox first and see if the community is
> willing to use them .... something like "the time will tell if its worth".

Yes, my understanding is that EVERY new Tomahawk stuff goes to Sandbox first.
Components AND framework features.

Go ahead Ernstl

-M

--