> > 2.) Configurable Option
> not required, as everyone can configure this NH in faces-config.xml.

In particular, if you decide to implement this feature, consider packaging
it inside a separate JAR file with its own embedded META-INF/faces-
config.xml file that defines the custom navigation handler.  That way, it is
self configuring -- to use the feature, just drop the JAR into your app.

You are right with that (that also what you do in Shale - Tiles for instance).
Shale Tiles is different. It makes sense in that world to do that.

For this NH, we should ensure to have it not that convenient to get it working.
They should need to put it manually in their faces-cfg.xml, to be
aware they know
what they are doing. By adding random-myfaces-xxx jars you can cause
confusion to the users. Adding it to the faces-cfg.xml is sorta
"marker interfaces" pattern (sure a poor one :))

Thanks!
Matt

Craig

--