I think the best way is to extend the bean scopes and add some other
scope(s) for conversation or dialogs.
I think in first proposal they said they want to take best practices of
Seam, Shale, ADF, and other JSF based frameworks and find best practices for
web development, and put them in web beans (JSR 299)
it can be addressed in low level Servlet API but it can also be addressed in
higher levels like JSF frameworks.

On 2/28/07, Werner Punz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Arash Rajaeeyan schrieb:
> oh yes, also conversation scope of Trinidad
> does you (or any one one else) have access to JSR 299 info?
> do you which approach are they going to standardize for
> conversation/dialog/(or what ever they name it)?

Btw. speaking of JSR 299, and conversations, isnt jsr299 just
a glue specification of marrying ejb3 and jsf so that you can use ejb3
beans as managed beans?

Regarding conversations and dialogs:

This stuff really belongs into the servlet space just like session
and request,
which technologies then are built on top of such scoping  is an entire
issue.

Lets face it 90% of all problems most people have in webapps stem from
the fact that you cannot keep objects for a longer time without going
through the problems a session scope causes for garbage collection
and due to the fact that if you do not work on a pure jdbc base but on
an orm base you either have to keep an erm open for your entire session
with all related problems or you have to open it on request or even
works on business case and then run into the usual merge problems
most orm layers have (which is not solvable in a satisfying way anyway)

The current already big number of various dialog systems which also keep
something conversational open for object storage stem from the fact that
this is a huge problem or has become a bigger one now that webapps seem
to have moved towards orm layers where this problem becomes more
problematic.

Tackeling it on JEE level has been long overdue in my opinion especially
because most of the usage and core patterns basically are tested by now.

Craig since you are reading this, any idea if the servlet specs will be
opened to scopes/conversations in the next specifications?

Werner

--
Arash Rajaeeyan