From what I've seen, I'd agree.   Tomahawk has a few "good"
components, but I don't think our architecture is all that special.

However, I'd also like us to try to pick up whatever can be done to
work better with Tobago.

On 3/15/07, Matthias Wessendorf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks for doing a new thread on this, since the *old* was a bit offtopic.

Your message is exactly that, what Mario says. Keep it inside the
MyFaces community and work on a (using your word) well integrated
component set.

Trinidad has a good facility to be the *base* and I basically think it
is worth to take a look at Tomahawk, for next version (JSF 1.2
-compliant).
We can use Trinidad's facility for *generating* components, tag and
doc and we "only" need to write the Renderer. And... we should perhaps
also take a look at all those tables, trees etc.

So, yes keeping Trinidad here makes sense. I don't had that strong
opinion on TLP or subproject, but after reading Mario's mail a second
time and now yours, I'd agree.

Regarding, Trinidad as *base*, that's the way Oracle is using in the RCF.

-Matthias

On 3/15/07, Mike Kienenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'd strongly prefer to see Trinidad as a subproject of MyFaces than a TLP.
> The JSF world needs better integrated component sets, not yet another
> splintered-off incompatible-with-everything-else component set.
> That is only likely to happen if the component sets are part of the
> same project and the "good ideas" from one component set are applied
> to the other component sets.
>
> I still think there's hope for making Tobago and Tomahawk compatible
> as well.   We started a discussion on this, and it was postponed until
> after a Tobago release (0.8?) by the Tobago developers, but
> unfortunately we never returned back to it.
>
> At some point we should discuss what an ideal JSF component framework
> architecture looks like and whether it's feasible for all of our
> components to be a part of such an architecture.
>
> On 3/15/07, Martin Marinschek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I've already mentioned that with this addition, I see Trinidad as a
> > Top Level project rather than a sub-level project of MyFaces.
> >
> > What do you think about that?
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Martin
> >
> > On 3/15/07, Martin Marinschek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Count me in!
> > >
> > > regards,
> > >
> > > Martin

Faces(tm)